Day 6 ~ Love him anway…(It’ll serve him right.)

7 Jan

It seemed every time I turned around today, someone was teaching me, inspiring me, or reminding me. This was a fabulous day~

Blessings and Gratitude for Today, Day 6

  1. Love Heals and Collaboration IS the way! I’m grateful for those who speak up on behalf of the voiceless, rally light to darkness, and who literally ARE the change they wish to see in the world.

I love those people.

My friend Melinda took to her social network today in support of my call for Empty Baby Food Jars –525 of them: Read more about it here:

http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/196007-1325674354-elle-febbo-plans-valentines-day-celebration-with-525-inner-city-youth-rifsocal.html

I think we’re gonna make it! We need a lot of jars, yes—but we’ve got a LOT of help!

And my friend Stephanie has been on a mission all day collecting blankets for the animal shelter in Delano, where just 10% of the dogs and cats have a blanket in their kennel—the other 90%, sleep on cold concrete.

Stephanie heard this, and heard the calling—as of tomorrow, every animal there will have comfort bedding. She Rallied the troops, also took to social media, and made enough noise to bring Love and comfort to an entire animal shelter. She attracted the like-minded and like-hearted and accomplished something HUGE.

(I’m also grateful to have been able to contribute to the offering in Barleys honor.)

2. For business owners who make service a pillar in their business structure. The Mint Fashion Exchange in Simi Valley, Ca. was a site host today for blanket donations for the animals. Thank you store owner, Marie Herring, for your generosity of Spirit! (Plus, I LOVE this place—Love, Love, Love this place. So chic, so classy, so unique, and SO AFFORDABLE!)

3. For the neighbor, who really doesn’t like me—at all. I don’t know why, and I’m finally learning that—gosh—I just don’t CARE why! I’m going to love him anyway.

It’ll serve him right.

4. For organic, home-grown, heirloom tomatoes—with mint springs, and a splash of vinaigrette—so delicious, so healthy, so fresh, and I’m so proud!

5. For YOU. I’m grateful for you. For the blessings and blogs you share, for your feedback and support on Facebook, for your inspiration, notes and Love ~ Thank you for joining me on this journey to Self Inspired Joy. I am so grateful for you.

Count your blessings!

And thank you for being one of mine.

Advertisements

2 Responses to “Day 6 ~ Love him anway…(It’ll serve him right.)”

  1. Cassandra January 7, 2012 at 4:31 am #

    Haha, it WILL serve hime right! Nice post – good people certainly are everywhere.

  2. Writing Jobs January 7, 2012 at 5:02 am #

    Great post. I enjoyed reading your blog today.

    If you love to write we would love for you to join us!

    Writer Jobs

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: